Madaraka Express Train Advance Booking
Welcome to the Kenyan Backpacker advance train tickets booking page. I am here to help you get the best travel experience onboard the Madaraka Express train or the SGR Intercounty train.
Are you an International Traveler intending to visit Kenya and use the SGR Trains between Nairobi and Mombasa?
Are you wondering how you can book the Madaraka Express Train online without Mpesa?
If yes, worry no more. Kenyan Backpacker is here to help you.
You don’t need Mpesa or Credit Card to buy the SGR tickets, just a PayPal account.
Available Trains between Nairobi and Mombasa
#1 Madaraka Express Train (Afternoon and Night Train)
Train E2 – Afternoon from Nairobi to Mombasa (and Voi)
- Depart Nairobi: 15:00 pm
- Arrive Voi: 06:48 pm
- Depart Voi: 06:53 pm
- Arrive Mombasa: 20:30 pm
Train E1 – Afternoon from Mombasa to Nairobi (and Voi)
- Depart Mombasa: 15:00 pm
- Arrive Voi: 04:41 pm
- Depart Voi: 04:36 pm
- Arrive Nairobi: 20:18 pm
E4 – Night from Nairobi to Mombasa
- Depart Nairobi: 10:00 pm
- Arrive Mombasa: 03:35 am
E3 – Night from Mombasa to Nairobi
- Depart Mombasa: 10:00 pm
- Arrive Nairobi: 03:35 am
#2 Inter-County Train (Morning)
Train N2 – Morning from Nairobi
- Depart Nairobi: 08:00 am
- Arrive in Mombasa: 14:00 pm
Train N1 – Morning from Mombasaa
- Depart Mombasa: 08:00 am
- Arrive in Nairobi: 14:10 pm
How it Works
Once you are ready and certain of your train travel date, I will follow the following process to ensure you get the tickets.
- You let me know your preferred travel time (Morning, Afternoon, or Night) and Class (First or Second)
- I check the availability of the tickets
- You send me the money and travel details
- I book the tickets for you
- I send you the e-ticket Booking Number and User Number
You will use the Booking number and User Number to print the tickets at the station on the day of travel (The printing booths are located in the ticketing lobby)
- User: User Number (Mobile Number)
- Password: Booking Number (Account Number)
If I am in your departure city (Nairobi or Mombasa), I will print the ticket and hand it to you in person on the day of travel or before then.
That’s it! All you now have to do is show up at the station about 1 hour earlier and have an adventure! (I recommend 1.5 Hrs in advance)
To get you the tickets, I will need your travel details which will appear on the tickets.
Mode of payment
The normal rates are:
- First Class tickets Kshs 3000 ~ ($31) per ticket.
- Economy class tickets Kshs 1000 ~ ($11) per ticket.
- Children between 12 & 17 years ~ Full Price
- Children between 3 & 11 years ~ Half Price
- Infants (Below 3 years) ~ Free
I charge an extra $10 per ticket for the facilitation.
See Comments/Feedback from past clients.
Travel from the Train terminals to either Nairobi or Mombasa City
Mombasa SGR Terminus Link
The main station is located at Miritini > Mombasa Terminus Miritini
Buses (Matatus) at the old Railway station in Mombasa town take travelers to Miritini and charge Kshs 200.
At the Mombasa station are Taxis, Buses, and Vans to almost every destination on the Kenyan Coast. The rates are very affordable.
You can also use a Taxi (Uber or the normal ones)
Nairobi SGR Terminus Link
The main station is located in Syokimau > Nairobi Terminus Syokimau
Commuter trains and bus ferry passengers are connected between the Main train station and the Old Nairobi Railways Station in the CBD. The charges are Kshs 50.
Link trains to the SGR Terminus from Nairobi Central Station; morning (06:35 am), Midday (12:00 pm), and evening (8:10 pm).
You can also use a Taxi (Uber, Little, Taxify, or the normal ones)
If you need more information or my services, don’t hesitate to contact me using the following details.
- Email: [email protected]
- Mobile Phone: +254711272713
- Facebook: Kenyan Backpacker
You can also reach me by filling out the contact form below
Contact Kenyan Backpacker for SGR Train Tickets if you Don’t Have Mpesa.
Recommended Backpacker hostels and Lodges
- Everything you need to Know about the SGR Trains: Trains from Nairobi to Mombasa.
- Tickets Refund Policy: Refunds, Booking, and Rescheduling SGR Train Tickets