Coast Bus is one of the best bus companies in Kenya. They have been in business for many years and so understand travelers’ needs. If you are looking for an affordable and safe means to travel between Nairobi and Mombasa, consider Coast Bus. The company has a track record in customer service and offering comfortable buses. These buses are equipped with an air conditioner, Free Wi-Fi, and other onboard amenities.
Coast Bus Services
Besides passenger services, the company offers courier/parcel and car hire services.
Why Choose Coast Bus?
Below are some of the advantages of traveling on Coast Bus in Kenya.
#1 Easy to Book with Mpesa
It is easy to book Coast Bus tickets. They have a secure online booking system where customers can pay with Mpesa. Tickets are also available at their office countrywide. Payments can also be made with cash.
The company prides itself on having the most comfortable buses in Kenya. Their buses have enough legroom space to ensure you are relaxed the entire journey.
#2 Best Bus in Kenya?
With over 50 years, Coast Bus is one of the oldest long-distance passenger services on Kenyan roads. It has some of the most experienced and friendly bus crew.
#3 Sleeping Coach
They introduced the sleeping coach in East Africa with comfortable seats to provide you with a relaxed traveling experience.
#4 Onboard Amenities
Their buses are fitted with a working air conditioning system, charging outlets, Free WI-FI, and GPS tracking.
Coast Bus Routes and Schedule
Coast Bus operates passenger service to many destinations in Kenya. These places include cities and towns such as Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Kakamega, Nakuru, Mumias, Bungoma, and Kitui.
Nairobi – Mombasa Bus Schedule
- 09:30 AM: COAST AIR
- 01:00 PM: AC Class Bus
- 09:30 PM: MWANANCHI Bus
- 10:00 PM: AC Class Bus
- 10:30 PM: COAST AIR
- 10:30 PM: EXECUTIVE Bus
Mombasa – Upcountry Bus Schedule
- 03:00 PM: Mombasa to Malaba
- 03:00 PM: Mombasa to Mumias
- 04:00 PM: Mombasa to Kakamega
- 04:00 PM: Mombasa to Bungoma
- 08:00 PM: Mombasa to Kisumu
- 11:45 PM: Mumias to Mombasa
- 11:55 PM: Malaba to Mombasa
Coast Bus fare charges
- Mombasa to Nairobi: From KES 1,000
- Nairobi to Mombasa: From KES 1,200
- Mumias to Mombasa: From KES 2,400
- Mombasa to Mumias: From KES 2,000
- Malaba to Mombasa: From KES 2,000
- Mombasa to Malaba: From KES 2,000
Please note that the fare varies. Contact or visit the nearest Coast Bus booking office for the current ticket prices and available routes.
Coast Bus Online Booking with Mpesa
The company has an online booking option enabling travelers to buy tickets from the comfort of their home or any location.
- Go to Coast Bus Online Booking Website
- Enter Your Journey details (From, To, number of passengers, and, the date of travel).
- Click on Search
- Click on View seats from your preferred bus.
- Customize your trip by selecting seats, Pick Point and Drop point.
- Click continue
- Review your journey and then enter passenger details.
- Proceed to pay with Lipa na Mpesa
A payment prompt will be sent to your Mpesa to complete the payment. Make sure to pay within seven minutes or your booking will be canceled.
After payment, you will receive an SMS with your ticket number. You can print your ticket from the site by entering your ticket number and phone number.
Coast Bus Offices and Contacts
The company has offices countywide but the major ones are in Nairobi and Mombasa.
- Nairobi: Accra Road Booking and Parcel Office.
- Mombasa: Mwembe Tayari Booking & Parcel Office
For any inquiries, comments or suggestions contact Coast Bus Head Office via the contacts below.
- Office Phone: 0722 206 445
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.coastbus.com
- Mwembe Tayari: 0722 206 445
- Nairobi: 0722 206 448
- Kisumu: 0722 206 451
- Kakamega: 0722 206 453
- Bungoma: 0722 206 455
- Mumias: 0722 206 454
- Kitui: 0722 206 450
- Voi: 0722 206 447
- Changamwe: 0722 206 446
Related post: Mash Poa Bus Online Booking, Routes and Fares
Disclaimer: This website isn’t affiliated with Coast Bus Company. Kenyan Backpacker also does NOT claim 100% accuracy of ever-changing information on bus routes, fares, timing, and delays. As a Reader, passengers should independently confirm the validity of information through other sources like the company’s official website.