Situated in the Mount Kenya region in the former Eastern Province, Meru County (012) is one of the 47 counties in Kenya. It borders the counties of Isiolo, Laikipia, Tharaka/Nithi, and Nyeri.
The County boasts several attractions including parks, reserves, a mountain, waterfalls, and natural forests. If you are looking for breathtaking activities and places to visit in Meru, follow along. The following is a list of the 20 best things to see and do in Meru County.
List of 20 Things to do in Meru County
- Giitune Sacred Forest.
- See the Devils’ Bridge waterfall (along the Nkubu-Meru road).
- Go chasing the scenic river Kathita waterfall (Ntontanii).
- Chase the beautiful Mbili Waterfall.
- Relax at the Nteere Mbogori Park.
- Explore the Nyambene National Reserve.
- Visit Tamaduni Cultural Centre at the Meru Equator.
- Visit Mount Kenya National Park.
- Hike the Kianunku and Kiathandi Hills.
- Explore Mpogoro and Nganya forests.
- Visit the popular Lewa Conservancy.
- Explore the indigenous Ngare Ndare Forest.
- Climb Mt. Kenya from the Chogoria route.
- Visit the Meru National Museum.
- Explore the Meru National Park.
- Worship at the historic Mujwaa Catholic Church.
- Visit the Njuri-Ncheke at their Headquarters.
- Visit the Rwerea Shrine.
- See the Kaaga War Memorial Building.
- Explore the Mucheene Mau Mau Caves.
Hotels in Meru County
Besides Alba Hotel Meru and Three Steers Hotel, there are other great hotels in Meru. These range from budget to luxury accommodations.
Looking for a place to stay in Meru? Check the best hotels and resorts.
- Nanyuki Travel: Road Trips, Places to Visit, and Stay
- Kenyan Passport: Visa Requirements for Kenyan Citizens
- List of saltwater and freshwater lakes in Kenya
- Top 10 Best Airports in Kenya
- Best Domestic Airlines in Kenya
- Best Things to Do and See in Nairobi in 2 Days
- List of breathtaking waterfalls in Kenya
- List of Major Mountains and Hills in Kenya
- Best Museums and Monuments in Kenya
- List of Best Places to Visit in Lamu County