Nakuru County (Number 032) is one of the 47 counties in the Republic of Kenya. It is a member of the former Rift Valley province which is divided into 14 counties. The other counties include Turkana, West Pokot, Samburu, Trans Nzoia, Uasin Gishu, Elgoyo-Marakwet, Nandi, Baringo, Laikipia, Nakuru, Narok, Kajiado, Kericho, and Bomet.
Sub Counties in Nakuru County
The county is also divided into 11 sub-counties which are listed below.
- Nakuru Town West
- Nakuru Town East
- Kuresoi South
- Kuresoi North
List of Things to Do in Nakuru County
There are many tourist attractions in Nakuru, they stretch from Naivasha to Njooro. These places to visit and see include lakes, hiking trails, and wildlife parks. And they make Nakuru one of the best tourist destinations in Kenya.
- Visit the Lanet Pre-Historic archeological excavation site.
- Visit Lord Egerton Tatton Castle in Njooro.
- Go hike the Menengai Crater and Explore Menengai Caves.
- Visit the Rock Hyrax Museum and Pre-Historic site in Nakuru.
- Explore the Kariandusi archaeological site.
- Take a Full day tour of Lake Nakuru National Park.
- Tour Lake Nakuru, baboon cliff, and Makalia waterfall.
- Walk along the shores of Lake Elmenteita.
- Stop at the Mogotio Equator Crossing.
- Visit Mount Longonot National Park and hike the stratovolcano.
- Take a boat ride on Lake Naivasha and to Cresent Island.
- Drive or ride a bicycle inside the Hell’s Gate National Park.
- Swim in the natural pool at Hell’s Gate.
- Explore the gorges and do Rock climbing at Hell’s Gate.
- Visit the Kigio Wildlife Conservancy.
- Hike in the scenic Ol Donyo Eburru forest trails.
Besides things to do and see, there are other activities to engage in while visiting Nakuru City. You can go shopping, partying, or relax in one of the lodges and resorts in the county.
Featured Image: Photo by muthengi mbuvi on Unsplash
- Best Cities and Towns to Visit in Kenya
- Lakes in Kenya: List of Saltwater and Freshwater Lakes
- Mount Longonot Entrance Fees and Contacts
- Explore Hell’s Gate National Park