Budget Students and Backpackers Hostels in Kenya
Backpackers Hostels in Kenya. One of the major challenges when it comes to backpacking is finding cheap or budget hostels, campsites, and lodges. This becomes less of a hustle if the destination country has advanced in technology and websites like Airbnb, Hostelbrokers and HostelWorld are available.
This most of the time is not a problem for the rough travelers who look for a place to spend the night on arrival. In most cases, these are lodges and campsites which are not listed on the internet.
Kenya is one of the best backpacker’s destinations in the World. Due to her amazing nature, wildlife, coast, eco-system, and development, many travelers visit the country throughout the year.
The major backpacking destinations in Kenya are Nairobi, Mombasa, Watamu, Kilifi, Diani, Lamu, and Kisumu. These cities and towns attract a high number of backpackers as well as tourists and hence the demand for budget accommodation is very high.
To cut the existing gap, hospitality industry investors have developed high-standard low-cost accommodation facilities in these places.
A good example is Mombasa and the North coast where most of the travelers are on a budget and looking for cheap deals. This region has adapted to this need and provided high-class hostels which are heaven to the backpackers.
Below is a list of some of the best budget backpacker hostels, lodges, and campsites in Kenya.
List of Budget Backpackers Hostels in Kenya
- Distant Relatives Ecolodge & Backpackers – Kilifi (Book Now)
- Kidogo Nyumbani – Watamu (Book Now)
- Merry Crab Cove – Kilifi (Book Now)
- Diani Backpackers – Diani (Book Now)
- Stilts Tree Houses & Backpackers – (Book Now)
- Bidi Badu Beach Sports Hostel – Diani (Book Now)
- Milimani Backpackers & Safari Centre -Nairobi (Book Now)
- Backpacker’s Den – Nairobi (Book Now)
- Manyatta Backpackers – Nairobi (Book Now)
- Wildebeest Eco Camp – Nairobi (Book Now)
- South Coast Backpackers – Diani (Book Now)
- Khweza Bed & Breakfast – Downtown Nairobi (Book Now)
- Mara Explorers Camp – Maasai Mara (Book Now)
- Mombasa Backpackers (Tulia house) – Mombasa (Book Now)
- Backpacker’s Nirvana – Mombasa
- Baitul Noor House – Lamu (Book Now)
- Savannah Cottages – Shelly beach Mombasa.
- The Beach Africa – Mombasa
- Kisumu Backpackers Club – Kisumu (Book Now)
- Dudu Villas and Lamu Backpackers – Lamu (Book Now)
- Jambo House Guest House- Lamu (Book Now)
- Sleepaway Cottages – Nakuru (Book Now)
- Merry Crab Cove – Watamu, Mida Creek (Book Now)
- Duara Flamingo Camp – Lake Elementaita (Website)
Follow Kenyan Backpacker on Facebook for Hostel Deals and Giveaways.
Do you know of any other Low-cost Hostel that I haven’t included? Leave a comment below with its name.
Book your next stay with Airbnb for a memorable experience.