Nyandarua County (018) is one of the 47 counties in Kenya. It is also one of the 5 counties in the former central province. The other four are Kiambu County, Kirinyaga County, Muranga County, and Nyeri County.
The county is not only blessed with suitable weather for farming but also some of the best attractions in Kenya.
The headquarters of the County are located in Ol Kalou Town.
List of 10 Best Things to Do in Nyandarua County
The County offers plenty of fantastic sceneries with rare flora and fauna. It is endowed with rich biodiversity, natural beauty, cultural heritage, and history; settlements, mountains, hilltops, rivers, a lake, and wildlife. The views of the magical spreads of Aberdare Ranges, marked by the best trails in Kenya, offer outdoor experiences worth exploring.
Below is a list of the top 10 things to Do and See in Nyandarua County.
- Explore the Aberdare National Park.
- Visit Lake Ol Bolossat – the only lake central province of Kenya.
- Go hike the Elephant Hills and peak Kinangop in the Aberdares.
- Hike up Mount Kipipir on the northwestern side of the Aberdare ranges.
- Hike the Rurimueria – A hiker’s paradise.
- Explore the Mau Mau caves located in Aberdares forest.
- Take a walk and experience nature along the trails of Ndaragwa forest.
- Chase and be wow-ed by the magnificent Karuru Falls – the highest waterfall in Kenya.
- Hike the amazing Dragon’s teeth trail – Mount Satima – in the Aberdares.
- Chase the Ndaragwa Falls.
- Track the Happy Valley Homes in the County.
- Take a road trip in search of the three equator points that cross Nyandarua County.
- Relax at the Ol’ Kalou Arboretum.
- Go for an agricultural tour of the fertile farms in the highlands.
Hidden Gems in Nyandarua County: Happy Valley Homes
Happy Valley Homes are mansions where the British aristocrats lived a glamorous yet scandalous lifestyle between the 1920s and 1930s. Their architectural designs, the stories of their occupants, and the colonial legacy make for unforgettable experiences for enthusiasts of history and lovers of nature.
They are ideal investments for homestays, museums, and unique hotels. One of the homes in the area is Kipipiri House on the Kipipiri Golf Course. This 18-hole golf course comprises a floriculture farm offering diverse experiences to travelers and tourists.
Nyandarua County Government Contacts
- Website: www.nyandarua.go.ke
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 020 2660859
- Explore Aberdare National Park
- Hiking Mount Satima in the Aberdare Forest
- Trekking and hiking Elephant Hill in the Aberdare ranges