Taita Taveta County (006) is one of the 47 counties in Kenya. It lies approximately 145 km northwest of Mombasa City and 383 km southeast of Nairobi City. The County headquarters is located in Mwatate town.
In this article, we will look at things to do, places to visit, and where to stay near Voi in Taita Taveta County. We also highlight resources to help you travel and explore Kenya better.
10 Things to do in Taita Taveta County
Looking for places to visit in Taita-Taveta? Here is a list of some of the best must-visit spots for local hangouts.
- Visit the Tsavo West National Park.
- Visit Tsavo East National Park.
- Tour the Ngutuni Wildlife Conservancy.
- Visit the Taita Hills Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Lumo Community Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Explore Mzima Springs.
- See the Makindu Sikh Temple.
- Go explore Lake Jipe.
- Drive or Ride to Lake Chala.
- Chase the Lugard Falls in Tsavo East National Park.
Tsavo East National Park Entry Charges
Tsavo East National Park is located near Voi town, Taita Taveta County. The Park is a perfect safari destination in Kenya. It is open daily from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. If you would like to visit the park, below are the latest entry fees to the Tsavo National Park.
Tsavo East National Park Contacts
- Mobile: 0720401641
- Website: Tsavo East National Park
Where to Stay in Taita Taveta County
The county is home to some of the best accommodation facilities in Kenya. Here is a list of where to stay near Voi town.
- Severin Safari Camp
- Voyager Ziwani Tented Camp
- Epiya Chapeyu Tented Safari Camp
- Voi Safari Lodge
Nairobi to Voi
Voi is the largest town in Taita Taveta County and is along the Nairobi-Mombasa highway. The town is the main gateway to attractions in the county such as Taita Hills and Tsavo East National Park.
The distance from Nairobi to Voi by road is about 330 Kilometers. The town is also accessed by SGR Inter-County Train.