Kenya requires visitors from most countries to obtain a visa to enter the country. Different types of visas are available, including tourist visas, business visas, and transit visas.
To apply for a Kenya Visa, you can either:
Apply for an eVisa online
This is an electronic visa that you can apply for and receive online before traveling to Kenya. The process involves creating an account on the eCitizen website, completing an online application form, uploading the required documents, and paying the visa fee online.
Once your application is approved, you will receive your eVisa by email, which you should print out and bring when you travel to Kenya.
- Natvisa is an eVisa online company that facilitates online entry applications for travelers. It has been in business since 2014 and has helped thousands of travelers. Check out their website if you’re looking for a Kenya Visa online.
Apply for a Visa on Arrival
If you cannot apply for an eVisa online, you can also obtain a visa on arrival at the airport in Kenya. However, applying for an eVisa before your trip is recommended to avoid potential delays and long queues at the airport.
The requirements for obtaining a Kenya visa may vary depending on the type of visa you need and your country of citizenship. Generally, you must provide a valid passport, a passport photo, proof of travel arrangements, and proof of sufficient funds to cover your stay in Kenya. Some visas may require additional documents, such as an invitation letter or a business registration certificate. You should check the specific requirements for your visa type and citizenship before applying.
eVisa Kenya (Kenya Electronic Visa System)
eVisa Kenya is an electronic visa system that allows eligible visitors to apply for and obtain a visa to enter Kenya online. The eVisa allows visitors to stay in Kenya for up to 90 days for tourism, business, or medical reasons.
To apply for an eVisa for Kenya, applicants must fill out an online application form, provide personal and travel information, and upload supporting documents, such as a passport copy and a recent passport photo. Applicants must also pay a processing fee using a credit or debit card.
Once you have submitted your application, it will be reviewed and processed by the Kenyan authorities, and you will be notified of the outcome by email.
If your application is approved, you will receive an electronic visa in PDF format. This Kenya Visa must be printed and presented to the immigration officials upon arrival in the country, along with the passport used to apply for the eVisa.
The eVisa Kenya system is available to citizens of most countries, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia. However, some nationalities are not eligible for an eVisa and must apply for a visa through the Kenyan embassy or consulate in their home country.
How to Apply for eVisa Kenya Online
Kenya offers eVisa for tourism and business purposes. The electronic visa allows visitors to apply for and receive a visa online before traveling to Kenya.
To apply for an eVisa for Kenya, you need to:
- Visit the official eVisa website for Kenya.
- Register for an eCitizen account by providing your personal information, including your name, email address, and phone number.
- Once you have created an account, log in and select the “Department of Immigration Services” option.
- Choose the type of visa you need and complete the online application form.
- Upload the required documents, including a passport photo and a copy of your passport.
- Pay the visa fee using a credit card or other accepted payment methods.
- Check the status of your application on the eCitizen website.
If your application is approved, you will receive your eVisa by email. Print out a copy of your eVisa and bring it when you travel to Kenya.
The processing time for eVisa applications may vary depending on the applications received. Therefore, you should apply for your eVisa at least 7 days before your intended travel date.
Useful Information About Kenya Visa
Foreign nationals who are not citizens of East African Community member states must have a visa to enter Kenya. Depending on the purpose of your visit, there are different types of visas available, including:
Single Entry Visa: This visa allows a traveler to enter Kenya once and is valid for three months from the date of issue.
Multiple Entry Visa: This visa allows a traveler to enter and exit Kenya multiple times and is valid for one year from the date of issue.
Transit Visa: This visa is for travelers passing through Kenya to another destination and is valid for 72 hours.
Process of Obtaining Kenya Visa
To obtain a Kenya Visa, you can apply online through the eVisa system, the Kenyan embassy, or consulate in your country of residence. The requirements for a Kenya visa may vary depending on your country of origin and the type of visa you are applying for, but generally, you will need the following:
- A valid passport with at least six months of validity remaining and at least two blank pages
- A completed visa application form
- A passport-size photograph
- Proof of travel arrangements (flight ticket or itinerary)
- Proof of sufficient funds for the duration of your stay
- For business visas, a letter from your employer or invitation letter from a Kenyan company.
It’s important to note that possession of an eVisa does not guarantee entry into Kenya. The immigration officer at the entry point has the authority to deny entry. This happens if the visitor does not meet the entry requirements or if there are any concerns about their visit.
Please also note that the eVisa is only valid for a single entry. However if you plan to leave and re-enter Kenya during your trip, you must apply for a multiple-entry visa.
Read Also: PayPal Mpesa: PayPal Mobile Money Service with M-PESA