Apply for Morocco eVisa online hassle-free. Check the requirements and eligibility criteria for swift processing. Explore the Kingdom’s wonders with ease using the convenient electronic visa system.
The Kingdom of Morocco has taken a significant step towards enhancing its consular services and embracing digitalization. With the guidance of HM King Mohammed VI, the country launched the electronic visa procedure on July 10, 2022, accessible through the Morocco eVisa platform.
The introduction of this system aims to simplify and expedite the visa issuance process for foreign nationals, aligning with the country’s efforts to modernize public administration services.
This article explores the key features of the new eVisa system and the categories of foreign nationals eligible to benefit from this convenient facility.
Streamlining Consular Services Through the Morocco eVisa System
Implementing the electronic visa system reflects Morocco’s commitment to enhancing its consular services, making it more efficient and accessible to travelers from across the globe. Also, the move aligns with the Ministry’s strategic vision to reform this area, bringing consular work at Diplomatic Missions and Consular Posts of the Kingdom into the digital era.
Simplified and Convenient Application Process
The eVisa is a single-entry authorization that remains valid for a maximum of 180 days from the date of issue. Travelers granted an eVisa will have the opportunity to stay in Morocco for a duration of up to 30 days.
The introduction of this online application process ensures convenience and ease for prospective visitors.
Eligibility Criteria for eVisa Applicants
The electronic visa facility is open to three categories of foreign nationals:
- Nationals from Specified Countries: Initially, the eVisa system is available for citizens of selected countries, as designated by the competent Moroccan authorities. As a starting point, Thailand and Israel are included in this category.
- Residence Permit Holders: Foreign nationals residing in the EU countries, the United States, Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, Japan, Norway, New Zealand, and Switzerland with a valid residence or stay permit for at least 180 days are eligible to apply for the eVisa.
- Multiple Entry Visa Holders: Foreign nationals holding non-electronic visas issued by Schengen countries, the United States, Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, and New Zealand, with multiple entries valid for at least 90 days from the date of eVisa application submission, are also eligible to benefit from the new system.
Swift Processing Times for Tourist and Business Visas
Applicants for “Tourist” or “Business” visas can expect efficient processing times through the eVisa system. The Moroccan authorities aim to process applications as follows.
- Within 24 hours for the Express Visa category.
- Within 72 hours for the Standard Visa category.
Technological Framework for Morocco eVisa Processing
To ensure the smooth functioning of the eVisa system, the Ministry has collaborated with relevant departments to establish a robust legal framework and means of data exchange.
Skilled executives, specially trained for this purpose, will oversee the processing of eVisa applications through the user-friendly platform developed by engineers and technicians within the Department.
Morocco’s introduction of the electronic visa system marks a significant step in modernizing its consular services and embracing digitalization.
The Kingdom aims to attract more tourists and facilitate easier entry for eligible foreign nationals by simplifying and streamlining the visa application process.
This progressive move aligns with the country’s commitment to providing efficient and convenient services. It also enhances its global standing in the tourism industry.
Explore Hassle-Free Travel in Africa with Online Visa Resources
Traveling in Africa can be a thrilling adventure, but navigating visa requirements can sometimes be daunting for many wanderers. Fear not; numerous online resources are dedicated to streamlining the process.
Below, you’ll find a collection of valuable articles on African visas. These blogs will undoubtedly aid you in crafting your next unforgettable journey.
- Zambia Visa Online Application and Requirements
- Kaza UniVisa Online for Zambia and Zimbabwe
- Kenya Visa: How to Apply for eVisa Kenya Online
- South Africa eVisa Online Application and Requirements
- Zimbabwe eVisa: Application, Requirements, and Benefits
- Tanzania Visa Online Application and Requirements